home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Modern Kitchen vs Vintage Kitchen

modern kitchen

Personally, I prefer a vintage white kitchen, always have. My own kitchen is white but my favorite color is periwinkle and I happened upon this kitchen and do like it very much. It has painted glass cabinets. This color makes me very happy. I think I could live with this kitchen minus those bar stools...hate those.

Even though I do love that color...these kitchens are much more my style.

vintage kitchens
vintage kitchen source: decorpad.com

I really don't have any point behind this post. I just wanted to share photos of kitchens.

15 comments:

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I would love to put this as a guest post on our Inspired Design blog!

Nita Stacy said...

Please do!!!!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Nita,
Even though I love color all around me, I do love this first vintage kitchen :)

Lilacandgrey said...

that last kitchen is exactly what I want mine to look like!

Anonymous said...

Number 1 and number 2 - - oh, yes, quite definitely!

The Anon. HollyM

Olive said...

Hi Nita, I like the blue color but not the shiny. The farm house sink is my dream. I did not like white cabinets before we bought our yellow house but they have grown on me and now I enjoy their lightness. ♥♥♥olive

Bette said...

I love me a white kitchen. The one with arches and corbels is beautiful!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

As a designer I really appreciate the modern kitchens but I'd never want to live with one! I'll take the vintage look EVERYTIME!

Becky K. said...

The white kitchens are beautiful. So clean and fresh!

Have a wonderful day.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love those vintage kitchens - they are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing them!!

And thank you so much for stopping by and your very sweet comments. :)

mary said...

love those white kitchens! personally I'd take them any day over a ultra modern one. Good post

~mary

René said...

i love a fresh kitchen too.

enjoy your weekend.

-rene

desiree said...

These are wonderful!

Cheryl Elsbree Interior Design said...

I love a white kitchen, so fresh and clean. New to your blog and love it.
Thanks for sharing.

B Smith said...

Thanks Nita for the last photo! My partner and I have a 1915 bungalow that will be undergoing a little kitchen demo (what that means is that someone bought me a sledgehammer....) and I love the hood detail over the stove. Of course we have to put in the 40's Wedgewood 4 burner instead.

Love your blog! B