home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Open House Sunday II

How about another one today?
built 1948
This one is not in my neighborhood but is about 10 blocks north of me.
It includes three vintage bathrooms and is very much staged to sell. 
I love that they kept the original cabinets in this kitchen with some updates.
Lovely sitting area off the kitchen
This home has the best color story going all through it. 
Flowing from room to room are golds, grays and tans starting with the gold front door. 
Someone knew what they were doing. I love the drapes at the windows. 
Painting over the fireplace pulls the room together. Love that fireplace too.
And the piping on the sofa is great. 
That Jackson Pollock-ish painting is genius in the dining room. 
Beautiful mix of modern and traditional.
Color pallet continues into this room.
I wish this room was more gray to continue the colors of the house. 
But I like this bed with the nightstands.
Large family room add on at the back of the house.
Vintage bathroom 1
Vintage Bathroom 2
Vintage Bathroom 3
I love that this house is so stylish but they kept the original kitchen and baths.

20 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOw is this perfectly kept and how they pull the vintage with the modern is quite professional! THIS IS FUN, NITA! Anita

Mel Mel said...

Oh, I do like how they kept the vintage bathrooms! So many people ruin older homes by almost remodeling too much. Thanks for sharing!

Debby said...

Love the vintage bathrooms, hah, I have two of them. Glad to see that someone else kept theirs.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a charming home. I love the outside and the inside. It looks so comfortable and stylish.

hugs
Sissie

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'd say this one will sell rather quickly. It is very nice!
Brenda

High Street Cottage said...

I love the kitchen, perhaps not the "waves" molding but the rest is quite nice. A lovely home

Tanna said...

YES! for the original bath and kitchen features they have preserved!!

Cindi Myers said...

I just have ONE question....
If they have a house like THAT why would they MOVE!?
PERFECTION!
:D - Cindi

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

The house is great. The bathrooms are wonderful.
Ann-Marie

Stacey said...

Wow they did a great job on that house. I love the clean uncluttered look they have.

Diane Writes said...

I never have thought that there is also such thing as vintage bathrooms. I love the living room and its colors.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Those bathrooms are fantastic, Nita. I especially love the tile in the last one!

Amy Chalmers said...

This is one cute house with a sophisticated palette. I love the baths being original too!

designchic said...

What a great job they have done - charming inside and out!!

Marie said...

Hi Nita - Too bad we're not neighbors because I will totally be with you every Sunday looking at open houses. I used to do that a lot, it was fun for me, but nobody else wanted to do it with me.

This one is nice. I like the styles of homes around you.
-Marie

Unknown said...

I love love that kitchen! And I agree with you about the bathrooms. Who says you have to gut everything to update a home! I could move into this one in a heart beat.

The enchanted home said...

Wonderful well preserved home...love how the bathrooms look like the originals but well kept and lovingly taken care of... a great blending of the old and new. Beautifully done.

Cindy said...

I'm glad they kept the original bathrooms, too. I enjoy the vintage feel of them. The floors are in them are great!
I love the kitchen, except for the ripple effect of the ceiling trim. This house is wonderfully full of vintage charm!
Hugs, Cindy

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Beautiful Nita! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Not one but THREE vintage bathrooms- what a great find.I would buy this home for the bathrooms alone!