home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Design Challenge

Help is on the way!
This is Debra's living room at
She recently asked all her readers to chime in on whether she should paint most of her furniture in 
her living room or not. She got tons of response and advice on what she should do.
Most of which she took. The results were a room she totally fell in love with again.

Now she probably would have done all these changes anyway....but it pushed her
to do them with everyone's encouragement and validation.

So this has inspired her to start a new feature called...
I know I'll probably be taking advantage of this service.
The idea is you send her a photo of some problem you have in your home.
Or something you are thinking about redoing and don't know
quite what to do. We will then all talk about it and give our advice as to what we'd do 
with the room or piece of furniture or whatever it might be.

Sounds like fun?...no? 
Sounds like the potential to hear some things you might not want to hear...perhaps?
Sounds like it might give you the push you need to try something new.
Also sounds like it could enable you to create something great you'd never thought of all on your own.
This is another project that Debra just finished where she painted a table and chairs she'd had and
asked everyone if she should paint them or not.
We all said YES. And look how nice this vignette looks. 
It so looks like Debra's style.

Anyway....I'm looking forward to all the interesting projects to comment on at
Thanks everyone for your nice comments yesterday about Harvey and me rescuing the little terriers.
We were pooped after all the dust settled. We went to bed finally about 10 am.
But every time we got up...Harvey went to the baby gate that blocks the entrance to the
dining room and living room.
He'd bark and sniff and look for the terriers. 
Finally, I had to just let him go in there and have a look and
a smell and then he was satisfied that they were gone.

The other day I posted photos of this kitchen.
The response was huge. Everyone loved it.
I got a comment yesterday from Sharon of
telling me that this kitchen is from a home in her native South Africa.
This is another great shot from the same home.
You can view lots more photos of this home and the kitchen photos much larger at
Lots of pretty greige.

10 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Nita, thanks so so much for spreading the word!! I'm just so excited to get this going. And wow, I DO love this kitchen!!
xoxo Debra

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOVE this kitchen!!

Lou Cinda

Amy Chalmers said...

Wow I am so going over there to drool and look around! Gotta love blogging connections~

La Brocanteuse said...

Hello , thank you for linking back to my blog. I enjoyed photographing Pauline's house and there will be a follow up soon...since she changed around a bit and promissed me that I could share it on my blog. have a lovely weekend
kind regards
Col ~Afrique du sud

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Gorgeous kitchens! I am going to check out these blogs!~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

Shut the front door! I think I am drooling! What a georgous living room. I felt like I was looking through a magazine! Stunning!

Connie said...

Design Challenge is a great idea. I've always wished I had help and what's greater than free help.
Let's encourage this idea.

Cindy said...

I think the idea of getting help from Blogland is very good. Of course a person should do what they really want, but sometimes it is so nice to get a second or even third opinion.
Your dog is some hero, it's so sweet that he wanted to check out where the other dogs had been in the kitchen.
The kitchen from SA is so gorgeous! I love the attention she has given to detail.
I will have to check it out further.
Hugs, Cindy

Linda Hartong said...

What a great idea. Thanks for linking us all up. All those educated "eyes". You know you would get some terrific ideas. Glad you and the weenies are getting some rest.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the kitchen, going over to check out the blog. Thanks for the link!
Patti