home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mod Mix Monday #8

Creative Mix
source
Artist's desk vignette. Love the chicken wire on the gilt frame, the raw wood of the desk, the mid century chair splattered
with paint, and modern desk lamp.

Here's what stood out from last week's Mod Mix Monday

Vintage crystal and silver used in practical ways at
Very Merry Vintage Style
Let's encourage everyone to go ahead and use their good stuff.

What was an outdated french buffet got a coat of paris grey paint at
Elizabeth & Co.
which turned it into this fabulous one of a kind piece.

Lots of summer decorating ideas over at
Shabby French Cottage
I love this marble topped table and the wire basket full of insulators,
not to mention the cloches full of balls of twine.

You know what is so great about hosting a linky party?
All this good stuff just shows up on my blog each week.
I almost feel guilty....I get to see beautiful things without even looking for it.

Link up for this week, now!

You know the drill. 
Anything new mixed with something old, anything vintage with a new twist,
something new given a vintage feel. Just mix it up.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Love the first photo. What a great idea for a board. Lovely!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Thanks so much for featuring my buffet Nita! You made my day!

Amy Chalmers said...

Hi Nita, I thought my vase would qualify for a mod mix monday post! thanks for hosting!

Marie said...

Hi Nita - So excited to join you this week. It's been such a busy season for me that I'm struggling about blogging lately. But so glad to join you. Love the shabby french cottage photo. I'm gonna have to check out her blog now. Happy Monday GF!
-Marie

Cindy said...

I love the photo! What a great example of mod-mix! The other entrees look very interesting, I will go visit now! Thanks for hosting!
Hugs, Cindy

Dawn said...

Hi Nita, I linked up 2 times by accident. Can you delete the one that does not link up? Thank you so much for hosting. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the frame with the chicken wire too. My hubby collects the insulators. What a good idea for displaying them. We are never sure what to do with all of them.

very merry vintage style said...

Hey thanks Nita for the feature. How exciting! Working on my link for this week--be back tomorrow.
Mary

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love the artist's table at the tope, Nita. I have been needing more inspiration for the studio. I have nothing to contribute this week, but I look forward to seeing what everyone else has posted. Thanks for hosting!

~Ricki Jill