home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Open House Sunday 11

Inside July's Yard of the Month House
I shared the yard of this home in my neighborhood on Friday, here.
Today, let's go inside.
Through the round top front door complete with speakeasy.
Living Room
Love the poster and the two small red chinese consoles used side by side to create a long console.
This baby grand piano looks great in the space. 
My Mom is trying to get me to take my Grandmother's baby grand. 
I really don't feel I have the space for it though.
Unusual fireplace with original tile and gas heater.
Sue, the owner, says it works great and that she used it a lot this past winter.
Dining Room
Notice the very modern chandelier.
Kitchen
These cabinets were added just a few years ago. 
I'm not sure what they are made of. They have a very shiny hard surface.
The current owner added the backsplash. 
It's much more modern than I would have done in the house but I do really like it.
Great stove.
Cute little table made from a slab of marble and an antique sewing machine base.
I love these original built ins. I really wish my own home had this. 
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bath
The guest bath has an attached bathroom which is rare.
Den
The sawhorse used as a coffee table is cool.
Hall Desk
Just love these kind of details. 
My house had a desk in the hall too at one time but it was removed 
for the central heat and air. Mine was not nearly this cute however. I've seen it in photos.
Hall Bath
Very unusual floor. Love the ruffle curtain.
and finally....the
Master Bedroom
Cute chandi....love the fuzzy pillows.

16 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Wow...completely redone. I'm sooo impressed. Would love to see it in person!

Thanks for sharing girly~

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I love peeking into other people's homes! This is so not me but I love it all together...she has awesome taste. I especially love when people keep the original details like the bathrooms...love that floor tile!
Thanks for sharing ~ your open house series is so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I love peeking into other people's homes! This is so not me but I love it all together...she has awesome taste. I especially love when people keep the original details like the bathrooms...love that floor tile!
Thanks for sharing ~ your open house series is so much fun! :)

Lee said...

What a fun tour! You showed the details of the home that I really enjoy-love the sawhorse coffee table but couldn't see it until I clicked on the picture. Thanks for pointing it out-and thanks so much for the tour!

An Urban Cottage said...

She's definitely got a unique style. It's very well done. Love all the original details, of course.

The enchanted home said...

Like it, its got nice curb appeal and somehwat of an eclectic design inside. Nice to see a nice fresh kitchen. Overall a lovely home, nice architectural details.

JoAnn S. said...

i think this homes interior lacks something, not quite what either that or its not my style lol i like to look tho
hugs JoAnn

KTbee said...

a little dark for my taste (except the kitchen) but still very cool. how about that round door?! and i love the table made with the base of an old sewing machine. i saw a smaller one of those at a thrift store recently and wanted it, but part of it was broken off and i don't think i can make anything of it =( i'll keep looking!

Cindy said...

This home owner is a fabulous decorator, it's a great example of the Mod-Vintage style that you do so well.
Thanks for the tour.
The kitchen cabinets are possibly a Thermo-Foil door. My husband sells those for Home Depot Installations.
Hugs, Cindy

Haven said...

The owner did a really great job. It does seem to be done in keeping with the age of the home brightened a bit by some funky little touches. Thanks for sharing these interesting tours. I used to be able to tour homes for real. Now, I'm just doing it in cyber space!
Blessings!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Nita!
Great tour.
I too love the old white built-ins near the kitchen! That's the vintage lovin' gal in me, I guess!
So much fun to see what's behind a front door. We all have our own unique tastes and choices, so much fun to see where the creative spirit takes us!
Thanks for sharing, Nita!
xx
Alison

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Hi Nita!

Cute house. I like the sewing machine base table. Cute ruffles on that shower curtain too. Fun tour!

Thanks for sharing these with us...always such fun getting to tour these houses.

Nancy

Amy Chalmers said...

Cute house, love some of it, esp built ins! I like the pillows in the master bedroom too, but wish the walls were lighter!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I had bathroom tile like this in my first house. It was pink and green. I adored it...loved seeing this home. I have a 2 questions in regards to your Facebook page. How did you get your posts to publish in chronological order? My page is finally live but still a work in progress. My posts are all out of order and it's driving me nuts. Do you perhaps have a tutorial on your blog? And how did you get the posts to include a link under the title? Thanks for any help you can give...I love your blog and am a faithful reader!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Very cute house, although I would have probably gone a bit more vintage in the kitchen. I love the original features that have been lovingly cared for! :D

Thanks, Nita!

very merry vintage style said...

Great house! Found the arched door you were telling me about!
Mary