home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #38

Great Room!
Lots to love in this room.
The gallery wall of family photos, the oval mid century buffet, blue ceiling
and that chandelier!

Sorry this week's Mod Mix Monday is going up on Monday night.
That cold I caught on Valentine's Day just got worse and worse.
I wasn't good for anything this weekend.
I'm sure I passed along the terrible sickness to all who came in contact with me.

I feel badly about that.

Let's review my favorites from last week, shall we?
Carrie at Lovely Etc... covered an old mirror frame with a map and turned it into this! 
Super Fun
How about this for a pretty kitchen?
includes a red stove.
Kelly at Eclectically Vintage created her dream kitchen complete with carrera marble countertops.
Sew Passionate got inspired by Ballard Design and created 
her own frilly chalkboards.
Patti of Pretty Old Houses shared her favorite in town garden in 
Virginia Highlands of Atlanta.
Oh...I'd love to just plop this garden down around my home.
And finally, this pretty little orange chest and cute fuzzy dog from

That's it.
I'm feeling so much better this evening.
Here's to a better week for me and for you.

Link up this week's MMM's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it if you'd follow me.



21 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Love that gallery wall! I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for having me today. You are such a dedicated blogger to host this party for us! Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,
Natasha In Oz

Chrissie said...

Beautiful picks! Thanks for hosting!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love the map mirror and chalkboard. Thanks for hosting, Nita!

Heirloom treasures said...

Love that garden,in fact love all the pics, mmm lots of inspiration here
x jeanetteann

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

So many pretty images Nita!
Love that sweet little color patch on the stone driveway... that is brilliant!
xox
Hope you are feeling better.
I had it the week before Valentine's Day and the stuffy/runny nose part took almost two weeks to go away.
The flu part was awful...so rundown and lethargic!

Feel better.
:)
xoxox
A

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Love all the features - thanks for including my map mirror!

6th Grade said...

thanks so much for the feature... esp with our pup!!

love the group you put together! see you next week!

vintage girl at heart said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I think the virus bug came to Oklahoma and decided to in fect everyone!
LOVE that kitchen the lighting bar stools and of yes THAT STOVE!! Love the pop o' RED!
Love the photo wall gallery in the first photo too. And the oval buffet..swoon.
I love reading your blog it's like crack for a junkin' nest fluffin' lets paint something chubby gal!
Enjoy this fabulous weather!

Mick said...

Hoping you feel better soon! I love the mix of "Victorian style" and Midcentury in the first picture. I have a 92 year old Secodn Cousin thatlives in the vastlands of Oklahoma, Her entire house is wall to wall pictures. The house was builtin 1919 and the rooms have 12 foot ceilings, as you can imagen thats a LOT of framed pictures from all decades and times of life, but its aweinspiring.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Thanks for hosting! I always enjoy getting to link to your party!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Nita!!
Hope you are feeling better! I'm linked up this week and am following you on linky now too. Thanks for hosting!

Scribbler said...

I am so sorry you have been sick -- and so glad that you are feeling better.

Thanks for hosting this party -- I guess my old GWTW mirror qualifies as vintage?

Ricki Treleaven said...

I caught a cold over two weeks ago, and it is still lingering a little. I hope you get better soon, Nita! I love the room you posted. The ceiling looks like it has been glazed. It is a stunning room! Great features from last week, too.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Jann said...

Hope your feeling better...LOVE the things you posted...wish I could "transport" that beautifully colored flower garden as well...:o) Be well....

Unknown said...

Brick work and low growing plants in the middle of the driveway...genius!!!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Feel better soon!! Love everything about this post!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Shannon Fox said...

My goodness! I think everyone in blog land is sick. (me included) No fun. Hope you are 100% real soon Nita! Thanks for hosting. Love Kelly's kitchen and that garden is darling! I expect a fairy to peek out ;)

Amy Chalmers said...

Nita, I just love that pebble driveway with the garden. I would love to have that...I've been busy helping my dad, but he left to go home to FL today~so I am back!

Carrie said...

So much fun stuff!!! Love the Harry-Potter-ish gallery of photos on the first picture! So wonderful! Wish I had something handmade to share :( Haven't done anything home decor related in a while! Thanks for sharing all this for inspiration!

sheds brisbane said...

I read this whole post, Its such a valuable post mirror frame, town garden, Ballard Design and dream kitchen interior. In all these things I like most garden and garden sheds. Its such a beautiful post.