home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Open House Sunday

Tudor Cottage in Oklahoma City
built 1928
This home belongs to a new friend of mine.
Jim
I met Jim at Pier 1. He came in to buy a few things to use to stage his house for selling.
I helped him and requested to be let to know when his open house would be.
Next time I see him it's three weeks later and I ask why he didn't let me know about the open house.
He says, "Because we didn't have one. The house sold in the first week!"
He then invited me over to see the house and I took photos so all of you could see.

A few of these photos are taken from the MLS listing too which you can view here.
This home is in the Miller neighborhood of OKC. It's surrounded by other precious tudors.
Jim outdid himself getting this house in perfect shape to sell.
It was all set for someone to just walk in and start living. Nothing to work on in this house...it's all done.
And that is why it sold so quickly.
A lovely back patio for dining.
bougainvillea planted in large pots on the side of the house
What a great front door! I love the diamond paned window.
original porch light
This narrow strip of yard on the back of the garage became a zen garden.
A perfect solution for a long narrow space with little light. 
A collection of watering cans.
A birdbath provides water sport for birds.
I like the wide flagstone used to outline the flower beds.
Notice the outside buffet topped with brightly colored lanterns.
This home is very special at twilight.
Since I had so many photos of the outside....I'm going to wait till next Sunday to show you the inside.

I hope you are having a great Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a tease! It is beautiful on the outside. Can't wait to see they interior.
Joyce from York, PA

Cindi Myers said...

It's so lovely that I had to peek at the listing. I can't hardly wait to see YOUR photos! and I always enjoy your commentary! :)
This tudor reminds me of a neighborhood a couple of blocks from mine. Such a pretty part of town, I wish there were more.
I totally understand why it sold so quickly! Wow, wouldn't that be a dream to have a house TOTALLY done? Well, MY dream anyway! ha!
xoxo - Cindi

Ivy Lane said...

That is a "precious tudor" for sure! I can see why it sold so fast!

Have a Great Sunday! Thanks for sharing!

vintage girl at heart said...

LOVE the pop of red on the steps and porch!!! Everything is neat as a pin and yet oh so cozy too!
I cannot wait to see the inside next week!
Enjoy this amazing Sunday weather with your furbabies!

Lottie said...

Just lovely! Can't wait til the inside photos are posted. BTW, I love the wide flagstone for the borders, too!

Debby said...

I can see why it sold so quickly. Talk about curb appeal. Can't wait to see more.

20 North Ora said...

What a cute Tudor! Thanks for taking us on the tour. Can't wait to see the inside.

Judy

Rich said...

LOVE the pop of red on the steps and porch!!! Everything is neat as a pin and yet oh so cozy too! I cannot wait to see the inside next week! Enjoy this amazing Sunday weather with your furbabies!