home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wicked Witches

I can't resist looking at artist made primitive witch dolls on Etsy.
They are so charming.
This one looks like she is wearing pajamas.
Oh...I'd love to make one of these.
I'm usually not into primitive stuff...but Halloween is the perfect time to enjoy 
roughly made handmade things.
This is a pretty pumpkin head witch.
This one quite sweet.

This morning I chased Franklin around the yard for twenty minutes trying to get him
back inside for me to go to work.
He is way too smart for his own good. 
He loves to play chase and would run to me and then past or back away
as fast as he could.

He knew I couldn't catch him.
Then he'd get behind the bushes where I could not reach him.
Finally, after a good twenty minutes of trying to catch him...I had to give up
and leave him outside.
Something I cannot stand to do.
But I had to get to work and he was being impossible.

I worried about him all morning while I worked.
I couldn't wait to get home and make sure he was ok.

When I got home...there he was at the backdoor wanting in.
He was very very happy to see me. Lots of kisses.
And he's been sleeping all afternoon.

He wore his self out being outside.
 I wonder if he chased squirrels all morning or just fretted that I was gone?

I'm hoping this taught him a lesson but I doubt it.

5 comments:

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Such adorable witches! What a great collection they would make.

Holly Diane said...

very scary dolls! Not sure I could sleep with one in my room

Cindi Myers said...

I used to make primitive dolls and CATS! (big surprise there ha!)and sell them on Ebay several years ago but my tastes changed from country to more modern so I lost the desire to create them but these are VERY cute. (I even made a witch one once!)
Twinkle used to be the same thing to me that Franklin did to you! I'd go from pleading, to yelling, to crying trying to get her inside. Finally I left the back door open and started ripping open crinkly bags of stuff and calling the other dogs names and then she came running inside to get some too!
I love them dearly but they have a way of driving us crazy sometimes!
XOXO - Cindi

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

I love the witches with the sparkly glittery eyes! Little Franklin sounds like quite a character--glad he was fine when you got home. It's pretty scary when they are inside pets and they wander outside alone. We've had that happen with our cats.

Ricki Treleaven said...

These witches are so charming! ALL of them! That Franklin....he is acting like a naughty terrier! (I have one of those....)

xo,
Ricki Jill