home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New China

 
 So the last thing I need is a new china collection and I have been resisting this china for a very long time. 
It's from Anthropologie. The other day I was out shopping with my friend Deidra and
she wanted to stop in Anthropologie to look around.
 
 I picked up this plate and said...I've always loved this china.
She said "Oh..I love it too...we both need it!"
So she bought me the above plate.
 There are several designs in this collection and now I need one of each.
(which is why I'd been resisting buying it)
So thanks to Deidra, I'll be going back time to time and buying another dish till I have a set.
  
 
Each plate is cute in it's own way. But the lizard one is my favorite.
I wish the flamingo one was pink instead of red.
 
pretty little tea cups too
I love that it's almost time for flowers.
 I was driving by the farmer's market on Reno and Pam's Plants had all their pansies out.
I could not resist. I bought some pansies to add to the ones that made it through the winter here.
Last night...a big goodbye to Deidra dinner was had at Picasso's on the Paseo.
Once a month they do a vegetarian dinner and wine tasting.
Each course was better than the last with the dessert ending the evening.
Have you ever had lavender flavored ice cream? 
They served it with roasted figs and sprinkled with pistachio brittle.
Oh..my it was heavenly!

I said to everyone that I was so sad that I'd never have this dessert again.
Because it's not something they normally have on the menu and each month they 
do and entirely different meal.

Deidra said I could make it myself. But that is seriously doubtful.
But it would be very nice to eat lavender ice cream on my new china!

15 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

I can see why you want the china Nita-pretty and funny at the same time. Quirky!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

You're right this china . . . perfect in every way! My pansies didn't quite make it through winter. However they lasted from April through October for me and thats a pretty decent growing season! I also wanted to tell you that I'm going to be in OKC for a whole month! So I will definitely make some time to see you at least once while I'm there. I will probably want to come through your design center as well. Maybe you will even get to see my new GRANDBABY!!!

KAREN said...

Oh, Nita, you temptress!! I have been collecting the plates for some time now. I started ordering them 2 years before I ever stepped foot in an Anthropologie store!
I have all 10 plates and sets of 4 or 6 of my favorites! BUT. . . I DID NOT know anything about teacups! Yikes!
I went straight to the website and drooled! Look out UPS Lady!!
Karen in southwest GA

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Nita how fun are these!!!! I love the colors and the patterns too fun. I can see why you love them. These all done up on a wall would be so fun too.
Kris

Adam Hazlett said...

Nita! Perfect china! I can see why the chameleon is your favorite, it's teal!!!
I like the owl, and the giraffe. I bought a plate there a year ago with a tiger on it, I guess it's a series but I only like the tiger plate. Oh and I oh so wanted their orange owl cookie jar...but it cost so much I never did get it and now it's gone. I think you'll have fun collecting all the pieces. I've started a Vernon Grant nursery rhyme collection believe it on or not, check it out on my latest post. I love the Peter Peter cookie jar! I'm in the same boat as you, now I need all the pieces! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Deidra! What a fun friend!

donna baker said...

Better bite the bullet and buy the other pieces of china. Anthropologie is notorious for selling out quickly. I love anything with animals on it.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That china is gorgeous and quirky at the same time, if that's possible. You definitely need to buy the whole set.

Cindi Myers said...

wWell of course that dog caught my eye before anything else!
and although I do have 3 little poodles, someday I would love a big White Standard Poodle!
The china is lovely.
My sister would go for the bee one, she adores bees.
I love that blue one that you got.
All of them are very pretty!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Sweet dishes!
Brenda

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That china is so fun and delicate at the same time.

Unknown said...

I love, love LOVE this sweet china! Oh do keep me away from Anthropologie Lord! Jealous here in SC.
Patti

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love those. I have to put blinders on plates and bowls when I go in Anthropologie. My daughter has given me a couple of different setting of plates from there as gifts.

Donna said...

I absolutely adore your new china. I has a classic look but with a sense of humor. I've never been to Anthropology which is probably a good thing for my wallet.

Unknown said...

I love Anthropologie! Dishes are an addiction of mine and like you, I don't need ANOTHER set! The flamingo looking bird is actually a red ibis...being from Florida we learn the difference between theses beautiful birds at an early age. Thank you for your inspiring blog.

mypage said...


Thank you for sharing this useful information. website designing Service